Come to BELEXPO and become a climate hero!
BELEXPO is an educational adventure in caring for the city and the climate. Young people are increasingly aware of the climate issue. BELEXPO is an excellent way of tackling this issue in a fun and proactive way with young people aged 10 to 16.
Your mission? Caring for the city and the planet!
Equipped with a digital wristband, your group carries out tasks that improve quality of life in the city and reduce CO2 emissions. In doing so, young people experience concrete solutions.
The route takes you through 10 themed districts:
1. Planet Alert! Clim'Avatar explains the causes of global warming and presents challenges to be met along the way
2. Living in the city: combat the many negative factors affecting the quality of life in the city (noise, air pollution, dirt, etc.)
3. Getting around: .pedal your way from today's mobility to the city of tomorrow.
4. In search of nature: discover the place and purpose of urban green spaces
5. Housing: meet the challenges of a sustainable home
6. Food: discover the impact of food and experiment with vegetable production
7. Working: discover original professions and put your talents to work for transition
8. Consuming: understand the impact of our habits on the climate and discover alternatives
9. Collaborating: implement a school or neighbourhood project together
10. Dream the city: project yourself into the future, and commit to a better life in the city.
A team of climate coaches will be on hand throughout your visit to answer your questions and advise you on how to make transitions in the future.
A visit report is available based on the results collected via your bracelet. If you are a teacher, you can use the content for educational purposes. Find activity sheets for the classroom, suggestions for actions at school and sign up for the Brussels Environment educational offer.