Preparing my visit
Only in french, you will find it soon in English. You also find activities for you class on www.greenteacher.org.
To be well prepared for your visit to the exhibition and engage your students, we have put together three activity sheets:
- Une découverte de l’environnement urbain à travers une visite et une analyse du quartier (éveil géographique) (.pdf)
- Une découverte de l’effet de serre grâce à une expérience en éveil scientifique (.pdf)
- Une activité sur les modes de déplacements avec une résolution de problème : comment venir à l'exposition ? (mathématique, résolution de problèmes (.pdf)
Once they get to BELEXPO, your pupils take on challenges as if they were part of a game. As in any game, there are rules to follow allowing them to learn while having fun and to respect everyone's well-being. Go through this document (in fr) with your pupils. Information for parents: Download a standard letter to inform parents about your school trip here. (in fr)
Taking advantage of my visit
You will receive access to a visit report by email! This is an opportunity for your students to rediscover their "results", to go back over the different themes, to take a more in-depth look at those that were more difficult to grasp at the time. The report also comes with all the exhibition content (signs, videos, etc.) along with educational sheets and other resources. Quickly consult it by clicking here.
You can also start by giving your students a chance to voice their opinions by asking 4 questions:
- What did I like best?
- What surprises or puzzles me?
- What information do I take away from the exhibition about the city of tomorrow?
- What actions do I want to take?
You can also build a collective synthesis on the city of tomorrow. After the visit, what images do your students take away of the city of tomorrow? Encourage the children to express their own thoughts, to discuss these thoughts in groups, then to reach a "forced consensus” that leads to this summary. Find out more about the process here. (in fr)
It is worthwhile to write a letter to the parents explaining the benefits of a visit to BELEXPO. And why not make them want to go there themselves with the family? You can find a template here. (in fr)